International Motorcycle Owners Club
The BMW MOA is one of the largest vehicle owners clubs in the world and continues to grow with over 32,000 members across all 50 US states and abroad. Their website and magazine supports their goals of increasing rider safety and fellowship, including a charitable foundation they set up to provide access to rider training and resources to new and experienced motorcycle riders. They also host multiple rallies and fundraising events each year to support both the club and foundation, drawing large crowds and giving away big-ticket prizes through raffles and sweepstakes.
The BMW MOA presented us with a few challenges they were facing, namely that their main club website did not present their foundation’s mission effectively and the valuable information provided by the foundation was not easily accessible to its users. They wanted to break out all of the foundation pages into a standalone site to drive further engagement, provide a better user experience for those wishing to participate in foundation events and fundraising, and take advantage of new branding identity that was created by an agency they had hired.
Specifically the goals of working with Hi Gear Studios were:
- Create a new website to host BMW MOA Foundation resources
- Optimize the user experience for contest entry and rider training sourcing
- Clearly present the foundation mission and team members
- Create a consistent brand experience for both MOA members and non-members
- Together we dug deep into the needs of this client to understand the current challenges and potential opportunities to drive success for their goals. Through multiple discovery meetings we came to agreement on what needed to be done, and how best to do it within a specific timeframe.
- Content Curation
- We worked with the client to identify and inventory existing content resources, review additional content opportunities, and plan for new content that needed to be created. We followed the brand guidelines set for the client to ensure all the content fit within a consistent voice and developed new ways for the content to be organized and presented to their users.
- We got to work building out the client’s project getting it all to a point that it was ready to be reviewed by key client stakeholders. The project was stored in an easily accessible staging environment that could quickly go live once the project was approved and ready for publication.
- Review and Revision
- The project was presented to the client during a live meeting to review the work that was done and collect detailed feedback of what needed to be fine-tuned to achieve all of the specific goals. The feedback was discussed and final adjustments were made to the satisfaction of the key stakeholders.
- Project Launch
- Having approved all the project work, the go-live timing was determined and the process for launching the project was made easy by following our process. The project launched on time and within budget.
Before working with us the BMW MOA had buried their foundation’s valuable resources within their main website and this drove less than desired results for their mission. Users were unaware of the foundation mission and their engagement suffered. Through working with Hi Gear Studios on this project the new stand-alone website for the MOA foundation has increased user engagement and provided a much more streamlined way for club members and non-members to find rider training resources, interact with the foundation team, and participate in fundraising events. Overall the goals of this project were achieved beyond the expectations of this client and we are proud to have helped a great charitable foundation like the MOA to continue to make an impact in the growing community of BMW motorcycle riders.
Some of the biggest impacts of our work with the BMW MOA include:
- Increased engagement of rider training resources
- Improved user experience for all users, especially those using mobile devices
- Increased participation in fundraising events and donations
- Better knowledge of user behavior through on-site analytics software implementation